- 1 What should I pack for Peru in December?
- 2 What should you not wear in Peru?
- 3 What can you not bring to Peru?
- 4 What should I pack to go to Peru?
- 5 Can you brush your teeth with tap water in Peru?
- 6 Can I wear shorts in Peru?
- 7 Is Peru dangerous for tourists?
- 8 What’s Peru famous for?
- 9 What are some traditions of Peru?
- 10 Is coffee safe to drink in Peru?
- 11 Can I carry a gun in Peru?
- 12 What is the traditional clothing in Peru?
- 13 What should I wear in Cusco Peru?
- 14 What animal is abundant in Peru?
What should I pack for Peru in December?
For Peru you should pack:
- Light-weighted T-shirts (preferably something fast drying)
- Long trekking pants (Loving the Lundhags Baalka Pant; but not cheap; these are the ones u see on the pictures; there is a short version as well)
- Underwear as you see fit.
- Cotton socks & Trekking Socks (!!)
What should you not wear in Peru?
If you want to avoid unwanted attention, dress casual, don’t show too much skin and keep things simple. Jeans and a shirt, shorts and a t-shirt, a skirt and sweater — you can’t go too far wrong with classic combinations.
What can you not bring to Peru?
- Drugs, narcotics and medication containing narcotics.
- Used clothes and shoes due to amount and value not considered for personal use.
- Any beverage named “Pisco” not produced in Peru.
- Used car spare parts.
- Some pesticides and other chemicals.
What should I pack to go to Peru?
What to Bring to Peru Check List
- A good quality rain jacket.
- Long pants.
- Hiking shoes (broken in)
- A hat or cap.
Can you brush your teeth with tap water in Peru?
Only drink bottled, filtered or boiled water and do not drink water straight from the tap! Water from the tap is fine for washing your hands, showering, and brushing your teeth.
Can I wear shorts in Peru?
Shorts in Peru is not a problem at all. OP, why are you saying that? You will only reconfirm you are a tourist and that is all. That is how the locals see tourists.
Is Peru dangerous for tourists?
In general, Peru is a pretty safe place to visit. You’re not going to get kidnapped or murdered there, but Peru does require you to be a bit more vigilant than other places. There is a lot of petty crime against tourists, especially those who are careless and leave valuables around.
What’s Peru famous for?
Adventure, culture and food: 9 things Peru is famous for
- Machu Picchu. The citadel of Machu Picchu during its reopening in Cuzco on April 1, 2010.
- Colca Canyon. A group of tourists enjoying the view at Colca Canyon in Peru.
- Rainbow Mountains.
- Amazon jungle.
- Nazca Lines.
- Dune Hiking.
What are some traditions of Peru?
12 Peruvian Festivals, One for Each Month of the Year!
- January – Trujillo Marinera Festival.
- February – Fiesta de la Candelaria.
- March – Festival Internacional de la Vendimia.
- April – Festividad del Señor del los Temblores del Cusco.
- May – Fiesta de las Cruces.
- June – Inti Raymi.
- July – Fiesta de la Virgen del Carmen.
Is coffee safe to drink in Peru?
Yes, you should be OK as the water is boiled. Coffee is great in Peru. You will really enjoy it. Bottled water is everywhere, drink that when you want just water.
Can I carry a gun in Peru?
Each gun has to have it’s own license. Peru has equal and opposite force laws so using a handgun for self defense better be valid or well, have a nice long vacation in a Peruvian prison. If you carry a semi there is no limit to the size of the mag just as I said it must be FMJ.
What is the traditional clothing in Peru?
In Peru, people wear ponchos, dresses, blankets, sweaters, layered skirts, tunics, hats, chullos and other native pieces of clothing. The traditional costume of Peru is very colorful and bright, it is beautiful and very original although the clothes are quite thick.
What should I wear in Cusco Peru?
Wear lightweight pants and a long-sleeve shirt. Take hiking boots or footwear with strong ankle support and a warm sweater and have a dry change of clothing with you at all times. Take high factor sunscreen, sunglasses and a rimmed hat to deal with the sun during the day.
What animal is abundant in Peru?
A common animal found in Peru is the capuchin monkey.